Digital X-Rays are offering superior resolution with less radiation exposure, the digital radiograph x-ray at your 91364 Woodland Hills dentist is an excellent way to help diagnose possible oral problems. The digital radiograph not only emits half the amount of radiation associated with traditional x-rays, but is also much less time consuming. Using a sensor that is placed in your mouth in the correct position, the pictures are taken and immediately sent to our computer. We can then review the information with you right from the computer screen.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Exposes the patient to half the amount of radiation received from traditional x-rays
- Gray-scale resolution of 256 colors compared to 16 – 25 shades on conventional film, allowing for a more detailed, accurate analysis
- Immediately transfers images to monitor so that the dentist can review and explain the information to the patient
- Images can be enlarged and saved for future reference
- Offers the ability to compare your x-rays with one another digitally on our computer
- Less time spent developing x-rays means more time to take care of your dental needs
Why are Digital X-Rays Important
- To locate areas of decay that can’t be detected with a visual examination
- To detect periodontal disease by investigating possible bone loss
- To aid in the preparation and placement of dental implants, orthodontics and other dental work
- To locate possible abnormalities such as cysts and oral cancer
For more information on this exciting new technology or to schedule an appointment, contact The Woodland Hills Cosmetic and Family Dentist at (818) 225-9410 today!
When you come in for your routine dental checkup, our dentists may utilize digital radiography in Woodland Hills, California. Digital imaging uses much less radiation than traditional X-rays. For more information and to schedule your next visit with Dr. Yousefi and Dr. Raz, contact Woodland Hills Family Dentistry today.