Prevent Dental Emergencies
Most people will have to deal with a dental emergency at some point in their life. Whether it’s a cavity, a cracked tooth, a missing tooth, or an infection, these are issues that you simply can’t fix on your own. As soon as you come across an emergency such as these, you’ll need to make an appointment with your Woodland Hills area dentist right away. Don’t waste time trying to find ways of fixing it, just call your 91364 dentist and make the soonest possible appointment. Many dental emergencies can be dangerous to ignore because they can lead to an infection, which makes everything worse.
In the future, there are some things that you can do to avoid dental emergencies.
Be Careful Around Hard Foods
Chewing hard foods like ice, apples or candy results in chipped, cracked or loosened teeth much more often than you’d think. You don’t need to completely cut any hard foods out of your life. Just be careful when you eat them, and if you can, cut them into smaller pieces so that you can use your stronger back teeth to chew them.
Wear Mouth Guards
Another common way people get damaged teeth is sports impacts. Of course, if you or your child loves sports, we’re not recommending that you stop playing. Simply wear a mouthguard whenever you’re playing. If you wear a mouthguard often, you might even consider getting a custom one fitted to your mouth, for more comfort.
Don’t Use Your Teeth As Scissors
We’ve all done this at some point: you’re fiddling with a particularly tough package and you can’t seem to get it open no matter how hard you struggle. You can’t find a pair of scissors, so you use the next best thing: your teeth. This might seem harmless, but you’d be surprised how often people damage their teeth, or cut their mouth doing it. Take the extra few seconds to find a pair of scissors and spare yourself the pain of a damaged mouth.
Make Your Home More Safe
If you home has a lot of sharp or hard corners, stairs or low cupboards, safety-proofing your apartment can go a long way in keeping your child’s mouth (and the rest of their body) out of harm’s way. Look around your house and cover or adjust anything that might be hard enough to knock out a tooth or cause a fall. Planning ahead is the number one way of preventing injuries, and you’ll feel much better knowing you’ve reduced the odds of your little one suffering a dental or medical emergency.
- $ 59 Complete Dental Exam, X-Rays and Teeth Cleaning.*
- 15% off Initial Treatment and a Free Sheer White Take Home Bleaching Kit after Completion of Initial Treatment.
New patients only. $399 value. Limit one per patient. Not valid with other offers. No cash value. Cleaning is a regular cleaning and in the absence of periodontal disease. Teeth Whitening is a take home kit.
2. Highest Quality Porcelain Veneers $699 Each (4 or More Teeth; $799 Each for 1-3 Teeth)*. (Zirconia, Emax, I.P.S).
- Free Initial Consultation.
- Free Cosmetic Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- Free Emergency Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- Free Invisalign Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- Free Implant Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- *Not to be used with any insurance. A $35 fee will be charged to transfer X-Rays).
- Request a dental appointment at (818) 225-9410 in Woodland Hills Cosmetics and Family Dentistry.