Oral Cancer Screening: Symptoms and Detection | Woodland Hills Cosmetic and Family Dentistry
Oral Cancer screenings are an integral part of all of our dental exams. They involve a careful and complete examination of the inside of your mouth and tongue.
Woodland Hills Cosmetic and Family Dentistry: Specialized in crowns, teeth whitening, invisalign, porcelain veneers and dental implants. Call (818) 225-9410 for $59.00 XRay, Exam, Cleaning. We are currently accepting new patients, and all in network PPO insurance accepted. In House Discount Plan available for patients with no insurance.
Our dentists are specially trained to identify the early warning signs of oral cancer through proper screening during your regular dental visit. If you notice oral cancer symptoms such as spots, ulcers or other abnormalities in your tongue, cheek or gums, please schedule a dental check-up right away! Oral cancer is very treatable, especially when detected early.
Important Oral Cancer Facts and Statistics
- Close to 37,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral or pharyngeal cancer this year.
- 80-90% survival rate if found by early detection.
- It will cause over 8,000 deaths, killing 1 person every hour, 24 hours a day.
- The death rate for oral cancer is higher than that of cervical cancer, Hodgkins lymphoma, laryngeal cancer, cancer of the testes and endocrine system cancers, such as thyroid or skin cancer (malignant melanoma).
- Historically the death rate associated with this cancer is particularly high due to the cancer being discovered so late in its development. Early detection is key!
- 90% of patients with oral cancers use tobacco. The risk of developing these cancers increases with the amount smoked or chewed and the duration of the habit. Smokers are 6 times more likely than non-smokers to develop these cancers.
- 75% to 80% of all patients with oral cancer drink alcohol frequently. These cancers are about 6 times more common in drinkers than in non-drinkers.
- More than 30% of patients with cancers of the lip have outdoor jobs associated with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- A diet low in fruits and vegetables is associated with an increased risk of developing cancer of the oral cavity.
If There Was a Simple, Quick, and Painless Way to Screen for Cancer, Wouldn’t You Do It?
We’re proud to offer oral cancer screenings at our local dentist office. It’s a quick, painless, and affordable way to ensure your good health. Remember, early detection is CRITICAL!
Reduce the Risks of Oral Cancer by Choosing to:
- Not smoke or chew tobacco.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Eat a healthier “low meat, low fat” diet, rich in vegetables and fruit.
Woodland Hills Cosmetic and Family Dentistry
- $ 59 Dental Exam, X-Ray and Cleaning.*
15% off Initial Treatment and a Free Sheer White Take Home Bleaching Kit after Completion of Initial Treatment.
Call Now 1 (818) 225-9410
NOT TO BE USED WITH INSURANCE. ( A $35 fee will be charged to transfer X-Rays).
* New patients only. $399 value. Limit one per patient. Not valid with other offers or for price service. No cash value. Cleaning is a regular cleaning and in the absence of periodontal disease. Teeth Whitening is a kit.
- High Quality Porcelain Veneers $699 Each (4 or More Teeth; $799 Each for 1-3 Teeth).
Excellent Choice to Create a Lasting Natural Smile.
Free Initial Consultation.
Call Now 1 (818) 225-9410
NOT TO BE USED WITH INSURANCE.