If you currently suffer from tooth sensitivity, our Woodland Hills Family Dentistry team is happy to help you! Depending on the cause of your sensitivity, which could be tooth decay, tooth fractures, worn fillings, and gum disease, there is a perfect treatment available for you. Some treatments include:
· Desensitizing toothpaste: Desensitizing toothpaste is a great product that contains a compound that blocks the pathways that lead to the tooth’s nerve. If the pathway is blocked, the sensations are no longer allowed through.
· Fluoride gel: Fluoride gel is available in our office. It is a helpful treatment that strengthens your tooth enamel and also blocks the pathways to your tooth nerve.
· Dental work: There are many dental treatments that can help with tooth sensitivity, like dental crowns, dental inlays, and dental bonding. These treatments can be used to correct a flaw in a tooth or they can eliminate tooth decay from the smile.
· Surgical gum graft: Surgical gum grafting is helpful when your gums have pulled away from your teeth and have exposed the roots. This treatment puts the gums back into place and it protects the roots, reducing the sensitivity.
· Root canal treatment: Root canal therapy is generally the last resort when it comes to treating tooth sensitivity. However, it can eliminate the problem when the other treatments have failed to do so.
For more information about the treatments for tooth sensitivity, call 818-225-9410 today and schedule an appointment with Dr. Sanaz Yousefi! We are here to help you in any way we can, and we are happy to meet with you, examine your smile, and determine the best treatment for your chompers. We look forward to helping you!