Tooth Fillings In Woodland Hills
Many people still have silver/mercury fillings in their mouths from years past. These fillings are not particularly pleasing to the eye, and we know that by unavoidable design, silver/mercury fillings ultimately result in a weaker tooth structure. Porcelain inlays and Tooth Colored Restorations (onlays) create fillings that are not only beautiful (or unnoticeable) but also add strength to weakened teeth. These restorations are esthetically pleasing and very strong thanks to new bonding technologies.
Dentist In Woodland Hills, CA
Disadvantages of Silver fillings:
- Silver fillings have many drawbacks. The edges of the silver filling can wear down, become weak or break. This results in the tooth not being protected and lets cavities get started once again. With age, the metal of a silver filling expands, contracts, and can split.
- Silver fillings contain 50 percent mercury. They can corrode, leak and cause stains on your teeth and gums.
- Fortunately, silver fillings can safely be replaced with Tooth-Colored Restorations.
- Advantages of Tooth-Colored Restorations
- There are many advantages to tooth-colored restorations. Onlays are bonded to the teeth creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth. Such restorations can be used in instances where much of the tooth structure has been lost. The tooth remains intact and stronger.
- Since the resin used in tooth-colored restorations contain fluoride this can help prevent decay. The resin wears like natural teeth and does not require placement at the gum line, which is healthier for your gums!
The result is a beautiful smile!
Dentist In Woodland Hills, CA
Replacing Silver Fillings with a Tooth Colored Restoration, Woodland Hills Dentist
You can have your silver fillings replaced with tooth-colored restorations (onlays). This process requires two appointments. This service is performed by Woodland Hills Dentist, Dr. Yousefi.
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
- At the Lab: A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look natural.
Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.
- Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel, they are stronger and the tooth is protected!
Call Woodland Hills Dentist at (818) 225-9410 and discover how easy it is for us to schedule your dental checkup!
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
To learn more about porcelain veneers, visit our Woodland Hills dental office. Dr. Yousefi is a highly trained dentist who is committed to helping patients achieve their dream smile. To schedule an appointment, (818) 225-9410 or request an appointment online.
Act now. Call our Woodland Hills dentist today.
$ 59 Complete Dental Exam, X-Rays and Teeth Cleaning.*
15% off Initial Treatment and a Free Sheer White Take Home Bleaching Kit after Completion of Initial Treatment.
New patients only. $399 value. Limit one per patient. Not valid with other offers. No cash value. Cleaning is a regular cleaning and in the absence of periodontal disease. Teeth Whitening is a take home kit.
Highest Quality Porcelain Veneers $699 Each (4 or More Teeth; $799 Each for 1-3 Teeth)*. (Zirconia, Emax, I.P.S).
- Free Initial Consultation.
- Free Cosmetic Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- Free Emergency Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- Free Invisalign Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
- Free Implant Consult: Includes Exam and X-Rays*
*Not to be used with any insurance. A $35 fee will be charged to transfer X-Rays).
Request a dental appointment at (818) 225-9410 in Woodland Hills Cosmetics and Family Dentistry.
Call the office today for “Specials & Promotions”
- Monday: 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Friday: By Appointment Only
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Woodland Hills Family Dentistry
- 22600 Ventura Blvd. Suite 203
- Woodland Hills, CA 91364
- Email: SmileWH@Aol.com